The Monache High School Multimedia Technology Academy (MTA) Pathway program has been named a 2020 California Partnership Academies Distinguished Academy, one of only six CPAs in the entire state to earn the distinction.
A total of 393 California Partnership Academies went through the review process. In the 35-year history of the CPA program, only around 10% of CPAs have earned the Distinguished honor.
In order to be selected as a CPA Distinguished Academy, the California Department of Education team responsible for oversight of these programs, along with partners at the Career and College Support Network, Graduate School of Education, UC, Berkeley, exhaustively reviewed reporting documents, then visited sites, to certify the following:
- Complete compliance with California Education Code sections 54690-54697;
- Articulation and/or dual credit with post-secondary institutions;
- Industry certifications earned by students;
- High quality, effective partnerships with industry;
- Low attrition rates, particularly among the required majority of at-risk students enrolled in the CPA;
- Exemplary graduation rates.
The Multimedia and Technology Academy is committed to developing competitive leaders in the world of multimedia and technology using linked learning opportunities with local business partners who mentor hands-on projects in multimedia and technology.